This fee helps us run our platform and 24/7 support.
What is a Service Fee?
When is check in?
Check in is 4pm or later. Please do not show up early (unless authorized by Vacay Hill Country) to avoid added fees. An early 2pm check-in may be available for an additional $25. If interested please text or email us 2 days prior to your arrival so we can check our housekeeping schedule. Please understand that there is no guarantee that our schedule will accommodate your early check in request.
When is check out?
Guests much check out on their final day by 10am or earlier. Unapproved late check outs can result in extra charges to the guest.
How do I check in?
You can head directly to your property to self-check in. For most properties, Vacay Hill Country utilizes a convenient keypad lock system that allows you to enter your rental using a personalized access code, as opposed to having to pick up a key and worrying about keeping track of it during your stay and returning it afterward. This also saves you the trouble of going to a check-in center beforehand. Our staff is always only a phone call/text/email away if questions arise. Call or text 830.730.5921
What is Included in my rental?
- Items INCLUDED in your vacation property:
- All linens such as, sheets, pillow cases, comforters and blankets.
- Additional sheets, pillow cases, pillows, and blankets are provided for each sleeper sofa or futon (if equipped)
- Each full bathroom is stocked with bath towels, hand towels, washcloths and bath mats. A starter kit of facial tissue, toilet paper, bath soap, and shampoo/conditioner is also provided.
- Each half bathroom has hand towels and a starter kit of facial tissue, toilet paper, and hand soap.
- Every home is equipped with all cooking and dining essentials. You will have all the basics including cookware, pots and pans, utensils, table settings and common appliances like stove, oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave and coffee maker.
- A starter kit of dish soap, dishwasher pods, paper towels, and trash bags is also provided.
- Basic coffee and filters (2-3 filter packs).
- There is an iron, ironing board, broom and dustpan in each home.
- There is a hair dryer (often multiple) in each home.
- There is a starter kit of laundry detergent (if a washer/dryer is available).
Items NOT included in your rental.
- Food products, spices, condiments, cooking spray and other basic cooking supplies like flour, sugar, etc. While various homes have some basic spices, you should plan to bring or purchase any spices, condiments, salt, sugar, etc. that you might need.
- Cleaning supplies (other than dish soap) are not included. Toothpaste, toothbrushes and other bathroom essentials are not included unless specified above. Firewood. (sometimes a little firewood is left by previous guests if the property has a firepit) Please refer to individual listings to see more amenity information, and please contact us directly if you still have questions.
How do I rent a property? What are the deposit and payment terms?
You can rent any of our properties by booking directly on this website using a credit card or you can call to book a reservation if you would like to speak with a vacation planner.
When you book, 1/2 of your total reservation amount is charged as a non-refundable payment to secure your rental. 30 days before your arrival, the remaining reservation balance is automatically charged and becomes non-refundable. If you need to cancel for any reason (see travel insurance above for exceptions). At this time, the credit card we have on file will be automatically charged for the balance. We do not charge a deposit. Cancellation refunds are issued in accordance with cancellation terms at the time of booking.
What are the House Rules?
No smoking and no pets are allowed on the property. No parties where more than the maximum number of people the property sleeps are allowed on the property at any time. As in your own home, renters are of course subject to citations for noise violations, etc, handed down by public officials. Remember you are staying as a guest in someone's home, where much investment has been made to make your stay enjoyable; please treat all private property with the respect it deserves. Make sure you understand exactly how many vehicles can park at the property you're renting. It's clearly listed in your check-in instructions. As a security measure, most parking areas have a security camera. Any violation of the rental terms and conditions may be subject to a $500 minimum fine per day, in addition to any resulting damages.
Am I getting a good deal?
When you book direct with Vacay Hill Country you avoid paying service fees that traditional listing channels, like Airbnb, charge. Our prices are also competitive with rent-from-owner rates, but we offer professional service, optional travel insurance, and immediate on-site assistance should the need arise. In addition, we offer exclusive discounts from local businesses, available only to Vacay Hill Country guests. Vacay Hill Country can help you plan and save on your entire vacation experience, not only the rental itself. We also offer last-minute booking specials.
How do I receive or stop SMS/MMS texting?
By making a reservation with Vacay or contacting Vacay you have opted in to SMS/MMS texts. Vacay sends texts and picture messages to you regarding your reservation. If you would like to opt-out of these communications reply STOP. Replying STOP will prevent you from receiving any SMS or MMS communications from Vacay. You can resubscribe at any time by texting UNSTOP.